“Delving well beyond the headlines, the RCMI enhances the public’s education, from a most enjoyable, impressive and collegial setting.”
—Major General (Ret.) Lewis Mackenzie, Ottawa
“I enjoy the camaraderie, the setting, and the great scope for learning that the RCMI offers.”
— Mark W. Baker,
RCMI Member since 1989
Becoming a Member
If you have an interest in Canada’s military past, present and future, the RCMI is the place for you. You do not have to serve or have served in the military to share in the RCMI experience, and we are proud that our members come from both genders and all age groups, and live across Canada and on four continents.
There is no time like now to become a member, click here for the online Membership Application. Membership allows you full access to our new state of the art facility as well as all of our events, lectures and promotions.
- Fitness facility
- Special events, guest speakers, theme nights
- Exclusive RCMI publications
- Overnight accommodations (in the RCMI building)
- Museum exhibits
- Exclusive access to prominent business clubs and hospitality
- Business centre and private meeting space
- Formal and informal dining
- Two beverage lounges
- In-house specialty interest clubs currently including curling, golf, pistol, outdoors
- New Year’s Day levee, very popular on the circuit of Toronto garrison levees.
- Antique and Militaria auctions
Arts and Literature
RCMI is dedicated to Canadian military art and literature. The Institute houses a library of 15,000 volumes plus document collections, and a treasure of military artifacts. Both are curated by professional staff and are rated among the best private collections in North America.
Outreach and Education
From its very beginnings, the RCMI has been dedicated to the education of Canadians in military and security affairs. We offer a rich program of educational choices for our members and guests. Offerings include:
- Special-event dinners for members and their guests. Our speakers at these events have included past and current Canadian Ministers of Defence, Chiefs of Defence Staff, military, police service and intelligence chiefs; journalists and judges.
- Military History Nights with expert speakers on fascinating topics from the War of 1812 to cyber-warfare to classical history.
- Security Studies Committee roundtables and conferences with expert civil and military speakers on contemporary issues.
- SITREP, a journal of views and articles by RCMI Members and many of the leading defence and foreign affairs specialists in Canada and the USA.
- The colourful and newsy Members’ News, one of the finest newsletters of any private organization in Canada, delivered in alternate months to SITREP to keep you abreast of events in the life of the Institute.
Our scheduled events provide members with many opportunities for networking. Located in the centre of Toronto just steps from the Financial District, our state of the art facilities also offer endless possibilities for informal contact, whether full‑service dining, small‑group meetings in our conference facility or quiet conversation in the Library or Lounge.
The Institute also gives members the chance to develop shared interests with other members through our Inner Clubs network, which currently includes shooting, curling, golf and adventure in the special-event dinners for members and their guests.
For further information on becoming a member, please contact our Kathryn Eley at 416-597-0286 ext. 120, or fill in the Membership Application.